The mission of the Pain Management Program is to provide high quality, compassionate care to individuals experiencing pain that enables them to return to gainful employment and a fuller quality of life.
Our goals are to:
- minimize or eliminate pain
- significantly increase physical activity
- cultivate life style behaviors that promote wellness
- improve quality of life
- provide education to patients and their families, as well as to current and future health care providers
- reduce depression that is often associated with chronic pain
Our Center offers a multi-disciplinary team of medical professionals who diagnose and treat patients suffering from all types of pain, including those resulting from cancer and arthritis. Our therapeutic approach integrates conventional, alternative, behavioral and rehabilitative techniques.
Treatment may include medications, exercise and activity programs, specialized nerve blocks, or specialized methods of delivering medication. Treatment is based on your particular pain and is modified to meet your changing needs. Follow-up treatments will continue until you and your pain management specialist feel that you have reached a satisfactory level of pain management.
To enroll in the program, request a referral from your primary care physician to have your condition evaluated. If you do not have a primary care physician, please contact a member of our staff for assistance in enrolling.
Types of Pain Treated:
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (RSD)
- Low Back Pain
- Arthritic Pain
- Abdominal Pain
- Pain from Surgery
- Cancer Pain
- Pinched Nerve in Neck or Low Back
- Pain Causing Poor Sleep
- TMJ (Temporal-Mandibular Joint Pain)
- Pain in Arms and Legs
- Pelvic Pain
- Myofascial Pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Orafascial Pain
- Postherpetic Neuralgia
- Spinal Stenosis
Services and Treatments:
- Initial multidisciplinary evaluation
- Second opinions
- Medical pharmacological management
- Appropriate referrals
- EMGs and nerve conduction studies
- Diagnostic and therapeutic nerve blocks
- Selective epidural injections
- Facet joint injections
- Lysis of adhesions in the spinal canal
- Trigger point and botox injections
- Neurolytic blocks
- Implantable spinal cord stimulators
- Implantable intrathecal infusion pumps
- Radiofrequency nerve destruction
- Minimally invasive neurosurgical procedures for back and neck pain
- IDET - Intradiscal Electrothermal Therapy
- Psychological/ behavioral and psychiatric services
- Social services
- Alternative medicine
- Orthopedic, neurological services etc.
- Laser endoscopic discectomy
- Botox injections
Zenetos, Panagiogis, M.D.
Tel: (718) 963-6256
Fax: (718) 963-7607
To make a hospital clinic appointment, please call:
Lamothe, Gerda, N.P.
Uter, Shelly, N.P.